Roles and Responsibilities
• The use of public funds,
• The quality of education provided,
• The wider contribution to the community.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction,
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils,
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Governing Body fulfils its responsibilities by:
- Helping to establish the aims and policies of the school and how standards of education can be constantly improved,
- Ensuring that a broad and balanced curriculum is delivered and that it meets statutory requirements, while promoting high standards and monitoring progress during the year,
- Appointing, challenging and supporting the Headteacher,
- Acting as a link between the local community and the school,
- Helping to set and manage the school budget,
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
- Data Working Group: Responsible for monitoring pupil performance data
- Ethos Working Group: Responsible for ensuring the school's ethos is reflected in all we do
- Finance Working Group: Responsible for monitoring the school's budget
- Admissions Committee: Responsible for reviewing the school's admissions arrangements
- Pay Committee: Responsible for reviewing staff pay and appraisal recommendations
At Wraxall Primary School, all Governance duties are carried out in close collaboration with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team. It is often said that Governors should aim to act as a “critical friend” to the Headteacher. Every decision made is done so with the best interests of pupils, staff and parents very much in mind.
Our governors take full advantage of the training available to them in all aspects of their responsibilities in order to be as effective as possible.
- Attendance: Mrs Jessica Vallentine
- Broad and Balanced Curriculum: Mrs Rachel Watts
- Early Years Foundation Stage: Mrs Rachel Watts
- Ethos and Christian Distinctiveness: Rev Fran Binding
- Finance: Mr David Green
- Health & Safety: Mrs Hazel Mallett
- Literacy: Mrs Rachel Watts
- Looked After Children: Miss Becky Cawsey
- Mathematics: Mr Gavin Bishop
- Online Safety: Miss Becky Cawsey
- Pupil Premium and PE & Sport Premium: Mrs Rosie Gloyns
- Raising Attainment & Progress Plan and School Self-Evaluation: Ms Caroline Taylor
- Safeguarding: Miss Becky Cawsey
- Special Educational Needs and Disability: Mr Gavin Bishop